Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Welcome to the Terror Dome

Well hello world,

After a long extended run on another blog site, I am expanding my horizons and stepping forth into a Brave New World. For years, I have been blogging away in relative anonymity for the delight of a small but very dedicated group of readers and for my own personal edification.

Then within the past week I read several articles about how one can get paid for blogging. Errrr??? So I did a little research and found that yes, there are several different sites that can set this up.

"My god, you mean I can get paid for my addiction?? Tell me more!" I thought.

So I read on. In order to get paid, one allows ads to be posted on their blog. Now I know some folks find this a bit off-putting. At first glance, so did I. "But what about artistic purity and integrity?" you ask.

Fuck that. When you're 41 and each month is an adventure in making rent, artistic integrity can take a flying leap. I need money, and if I can get money for doing what I've been doing for free, damn, where do I sign up? And if that makes me a whore, well, I've been called far worse by people who meant a lot more to me.

So for those of you who followed me here from my other site, thank you very much.

And for those of you who stumbled upon this site, welcome aboard. I promise that I will, within the scope of my humble abilities, provide provocative and entertaining rantings on politics, current events, sports, popular culture, and whatever else makes my heart go pitter-patter at that particular moment in time. If you enjoyed the writings of the late and dearly missed Dr Hunter S Thompson, you might also like mine.

So welcome, all, and let the ride begin because, to paraphrase a line from 'Apocalypse Now', I don't know where I'm going, but one look and I can tell it's going to be hot.

So get your asses on the boat and let's go for a ride.

SZ


3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea! I'm looking forward to reading more here.

8:14 AM  
Blogger Stevie Z said...

Thanks. Hopefully this will be the first step on the road to fame and fortune. Or at least stave off the "cat food diet" for a few years.

7:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Made the bounce over from lj. I hope this works out for you. I too have known such joys as rolling change for bread and ramen noodle soup. Will check in from time to time. Best Wishes....Suchabrat

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google