Thursday, September 14, 2006

A Brief Word From The Management

You might have noticed that I keep making tweaks to my blog. I have very little experience in web design and things of that sort. I do have a rudimentary understanding of html. Mostly it's been just getting into the code and fucking with things until it doesn't look like a dozen clowns thrown into a blender.

Yes, aesthetics do count for something. If my readers are going to be blowing chunks, I'd rather it be out of disgust over what they just read, rather than the appearance.

Odd priorities, yes, but then again, I'm a bit odd myself.


2nd point. There are and will be various little errors popping up. Spelling, grammar, things of that sort. Sometimes my fingers simply will not cooperate and rebel against the signals sent by my brain. That is fine. A little bit of anarchy keeps the blood flowing and all that. I may well go back in the next day and clean things up a bit. But generally, you get the idea.

I do not use spellcheck. I hate spellcheck because it does nothing for content. Oh sure, M$ Word will correct grammar and spelling, but honestly, it's a drag training it for my salty take upon the English language. For the longest time it wanted me to hyphenate "cocksucker" and "motherfucker". No no no! Bad M$!!! I did train it but you know, you get a good rhythm going, got your swerve on, and the words are flowing like beer from a keg at a frat house on a Saturday night and then your buzz gets planed by those little M$ squigglies telling you that you fucked up. Christ on a bicycle, it just ruins the mood and the flow.

Instead, you get what you see here. Sometimes sloppy, but you can dig the spirit. I get my point across. And if there are any of you out there considering hiring me professionally, yes, I do have the capabilty to go back in and edit. But hell, if I have an editor, I don't want to cut them out of all the fun. Job security and all that.

Well, I've babbled enough here. Tomorrow, back to politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google